Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is it snowing there?

Well it's NOT snowing here! Would somebody please sell my homes in Grand Lake so I can move here now, I am ready. The bank owned home we looked at will only be sold together with the project land for $2.9M. That ain't gonna happen! We are moving over to our next home tomorrow just up the road and still walking distance to the beach but less expensive. A nice room in a large Spanish Villa style home with a total of 7 bedrooms and shared kitchen and living area. We plan to also go to a remax office and start looking at more property so we learn how this area compares to the southern coast we will explore later on this trip. Spoke to some Canadians today and got some great tips on the Arenal Volcano area and a tram up and zipline down the volcano and also learned where the locals go in that area for a free hot spring location on the river. 
Sue, ever the fashionista, with black hair and a black bathing suit to compliment the black sand beach and setting it off nicely with that white, white, white complexion. We gotta get some color on that body as I nearly got 3rd degree burns sitting next to her all day. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find any bronzer at the super mercado but she did get some color today so between the two of us with little skin pigmentation, we hope to darken up and start looking more like Tico's in the next few days. We spent the whole day at the beach doing nothing really, walked the rocks around the corner, took a dip, took photos, talked to people, ate tuna fish sandwiches for lunch with Pringles Sour Cream and Onion chips and Coke Zero, Sue reading and me just chillin in my hammock I strung up in the tree. A local went snorkeling/fishing over in the rocks and came by with a couple of Octopus's he was willing to sell. I saw them but was on my way to a bathroom break so Sue didn't buy them because she doesn't want to cook octopus (wimp). Note that I love eating octopus, especially a nice octopus salad or ceviche. Guess I will have to go catch and cook my own. Will have to google "How to prepare octopus" first.  Went shopping tonight at a different super mercado to pick up some scallops and fish and ingredients to make homemade pico de gallo and Sue prepared a GREAT dinner. Even had another beer with my dinner, the second beer in about 10 years and Sue had her usual glass of white wine. Gonna do what I do best next and that is have a bowl of ice cream before heading off to bed. Costa Rica is definitely La Pura Vida!







1 comment:

  1. CR looks and sounds great, but a little to LOW-KEY for me! Glad to hear you are enjoying it after your bad experience in Ecuador. Enjoyed reading your experiences to date! Gotta go, as us New Englanders are always on the go, and still have to shovel more snow!!!

    ReplyDelete